David has over 20 years’ business leadership experience to Board level in a variety of sectors including automotive, aerospace, food procurement and processing, IT (hardware, software and services) and mining equipment. His last position was HR Director in a £700m plc including Facilities Management, significant M&A involvement and account director responsibility for blue chip corporate clients.
Since 1997 he has worked internationally as facilitator and coach. He specialises in building client partnerships focused on making a positive difference to business performance.
He strives to bring out the best in people for themselves, their departments and their organisations through developing leadership capability; coaching to enhance performance; and facilitating teams in working together effectively to get results.
David’s particular areas of interest are:
- directors and senior managers in leading their organisations, particularly at times of major change
- newly promoted leaders and managers in accelerating the transition into their new role
- high performing junior and middle managers with succession potential
- professionals facing a complex blend of challenges at work and at home
- individuals at a career crossroads (including specialist outplacement services)
His private and public sector experience includes Manufacturing; Chemicals; Law; Education; Financial Services; Search & Selection; Health; IT hardware, software & services; Media; Leisure and Consultancy Services
Example assignments include:
- 1-2-1 Executive Coaching Programmes with:
- Regional Director moving his region’s performance from bottom 5 to top 5 in the UK.
- newly appointed CEO in refreshing his senior leadership team; introducing a culture based on individual/joint accountability and strong, fair performance management; and managing and influencing the Main Board.
- Plant Manager creating a new leadership team and achieving WCM Silver Award.
- Head of Corporate Investments (M&A) supporting her promotion to Commercial Director.
- new CEO appointed to turn round failing business.
- Business Unit Director rebuilding leadership team to return BU to profitability.
- newly appointed Regional R & D Manager(EMEA) creating new leadership team and new organisation whilst maintaining and improving results and service levels.
- Department Head, Clinical Sciences building the leadership team and establishing a new department’s vision, strategy and objectives.
- leading a team and 1-2-1 coaching programme to support 8 new Regional Managers in delivering a radical new strategy which achieved 100% Year 1 targets and 100% team retention.
- collaborated with in-house resource in delivering an OD programme – workshops and 1-2-1 coaching – for a VC-backed Biotech leadership team which maintained margin and profit during a period of substantial growth and investment.
- a series of team coaching workshops and 1-2-1 coaching for FTSE 100 Group and Divisional HR leadership teams who executed a major post-acquisition organisational restructure; and crystallised KPIs with measurable targets.
David has a BSc(Honours) Sociology/Psychology from Bath University; and is accredited to administer and interpret a wide variety of psychometric tools eg OPQ, MBTI, FIRO-B. He is a Member of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council and the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development; and is an accredited Cruse Bereavement Counsellor